- Organic medium-firm tofu
- Vegan bacon or ham (Yves Meatless Canadian Bacon)
- Vegan cheddar cheese (Daiya or Earth Island/Follow Your Heart)
- Vegan English muffins
- Vegan margarine (Earth Balance)
- Vegetable oil
- Cut a slice of tofu one centimetre thick. Use a cookie cutter or knife to cut the tofu into a circle. Eat the leftover bits.
- Fry the tofu and a slice of bacon or ham on both sides in vegetable oil.
- Heat an English muffin in a toaster or an oven.
- Melt the cheese on one half of the muffin in the oven or on top of the bacon or ham in the pan.
- Spread margarine on the hot English muffin.
- Put together your glorious Tofu McMuffin, Instagram that shit, and eat.
Note: The directions make one sandwich, so double and triple the recipe as needed. It shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes to cook up this classic breakfast.