Over the past few years, I’ve enjoyed amazing vegan meals at restaurants, bakeries, and food carts in all four West Coast cities. Fortunately, I remembered to take pictures of some of them.
Here’s a look back at 11 memorable vegan eats in the Pacific Northwest. We’ll start in the San Francisco Bay Area and work our way north to British Columbia.
1. Blueberry cinnamon roll
Where: Cinnaholic, Berkeley, California.
2. Vege BBQ steak sandwich
Where: Love N’ Haight, San Francisco, California.
3. Sausage biscuit
Where: Herbivore: The Earthly Grill, San Francisco, California.
Where: Homegrown Smoker, Portland, Oregon.
5. Vegan French toast breakfast
Where: Junior’s Café, Portland, Oregon.
6. Crazy Jamaican burger
Where: Plum Bistro, Seattle, Washington.
7. Country fried steak
Where: Wayward Vegan Café, Seattle, Washington.
8. Cinnamon and sugar donut
Where: Mighty-O Donuts, Seattle, Washington.
9. Smoked Northwest portobello and tempeh crepes
Where: Sage Organic Bakery & Café (now Plum Café), Seattle, Washington.
10. Raw high tea
Where: Indigo Food Café, Vancouver, British Columbia.
11. #28 udon
Where: Harvest Community Foods, Vancouver, British Columbia.
For more about vegan food in the Pacific Northwest, check out these posts:
- 10 amazing vegan eats in Portland
- Celebrating vegan pizza in Vancouver
- Five reasons why 2012 was a great year for vegan foodies in Vancouver
- Nine tasty vegan eats from Vancouver restaurants
- Vegan restaurants and shops in Vancouver