One of the most important holidays in the vegan world is almost upon us. That’s right—this year, Vegan Pizza Day will be observed on Saturday (June 29).
Celebrating Vegan Pizza Day is easy: all you have to do is make, buy, eat, or share plant-based pizza.
What’s better than enjoying a slice of pizza made by someone else? In honour of Vegan Pizza Day, here’s a quick look at three great vegan pies—all loaded with Daiya dairy-free cheese—from pizzerias in Vancouver.
1. Vegetarian Special at Vegan Pizza House
Toppings: Mushrooms, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, pineapples, and olives.
Price: $12.38 for small, $15.48 for medium, $17.62 for large.
2. Sinister at Hell Pizza
Toppings: Refried beans, avocado, onions, salsa, tomatoes, green peppers, and jalapenos.
Price: $8.50 for snack, $17 for double (add Daiya to the snack for 50 cents and to the double for $1).
Where: Hell Pizza (1074 Davie Street, Vancouver; 1931 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver).
3. Margherita at PazzaRella
Toppings: Organic basil and extra virgin olive oil (make sure to request Daiya).
Price: $8 for 10 inches.
Where: PazzaRella (Hamilton Street and West Pender Street, Vancouver).
Check out the raw and cooked vegan pizzas available at these joints in Vancouver and the suburbs:
- Buddha-Full Juice & Smoothies (101-106 West 1st Street, North Vancouver)
- Café by Tao (120-260 West Esplanade, North Vancouver)
- Chomp Vegan Eatery (7-201 Morrissey Road, Port Moody)
- Eternal Abundance (1025 Commercial Drive, Vancouver)
- Fairy Cakes (3586 Fraser Street, Vancouver)
- Gorilla Food (101-436 Richards Street, Vancouver)
- Indigo Food Café (2589 West 16th Avenue, Vancouver)
- Karmavore (610 Columbia Street, New Westminster)
- OrganicLives (451 Granville Street, Vancouver)